Tera Yakel

Some of my thoughts as I journey the path of following Jesus.

Name:
Location: Kansas City

I am a single woman who is listening and learning from the emerging conversation.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I am back - at least for today

It appears that I am lacking in the self-discipline department when it comes to writing – and this is a surprise to who exactly??? I haven’t blogged since Christmas. I have thought about blogging, I have even looked at the page and thought about what I would write about but I never actually did it. Don’t you hate it when you have such good intentions but don’t seem to follow through like you should?

I am getting ready for a big trip to Italy – I leave in a week and am really excited and looking forward to my vacation. I haven’t really been on vacation for over a year – so this is hopefully well earned.

I am looking forward to the history and architecture of Italy as well as the great cathedrals of the Church that are located there. I am longing for the opportunity to sit at a table outside and people watch. I am searching for some places and times of rest and reflection. I have one big decision coming up that I need to make and I am hoping that I return home with new and fresh perspective. Is that too much to ask of a 2 week vacation?

I am really looking forward to our private tour of the Vatican and the opportunity to see some of the fabulous works of religious art throughout Italy. I look forward to being out of my comfort zone a bit. I am not expecting a great epiphany while I am away, however I am expecting to hopefully again return to a place where I can more easily experience the overwhelming presence of God in my day-to-day life. It seems that the busier I get the easier it is to stop noticing those things that reconnect me to God throughout the day. During this time and trip may I be reminded of the overwhelming grace of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home