Tera Yakel

Some of my thoughts as I journey the path of following Jesus.

Name:
Location: Kansas City

I am a single woman who is listening and learning from the emerging conversation.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Leadership

As a young person - I was taught that there was basically one good style of leadership - the John Maxwell way - now I think John Maxwell has some good things to say - but I also know that there are many other ways to lead.

One of the ways that I lead is by asking questions and just allowing them to hang out there to be thought about and wrestled with. I have found that it is usually in someone's best interest to have to deal with the answers themselves as opposed to having the answers provided for them. It makes them dig deeper and deal with issues instead of placing questions on the back burner and saying that "O the pastor/leader does/knows that and it's not my job/I don't need to know that."

It would be my desire that we learn more about intuition as it relates to leadership. I think that we tend to equate intuition with women and their feelings and we are perhaps lax in seeing how much that can be a benefit when it comes to leading people.

The longer I am at this thing called ministry - the more I realize that we need multiply styles of leadership. We no longer live in a world that allows for one dominate type of leadership. In schools we teach using multiple types of teaching styles to relate to different students teaching styles. Similarly we need pastors and leaders who have differing styles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home