Tera Yakel

Some of my thoughts as I journey the path of following Jesus.

Name:
Location: Kansas City

I am a single woman who is listening and learning from the emerging conversation.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Sabbath

I am not as busy as I used to be. There was a time in my life where I had a color-coded schedule (I know I was a bit neurotic) and I remember that my free time was in blue. There was very little blue on my weekly schedule. I am not as busy now – I have more free time and I go and do less than I used to. For me I have been in need of a time of Sabbath for more than 10 years.

I think that for me Sabbath has several different meanings. It means my one-day about every other week where I lay in bed and read until noon and then do nothing more than relax and enjoy life with Bella (my dog.) It also means this season of life that I am in – I am taking a Sabbath. I am not nearly as busy. I am limiting some of my activities. I am struggling to not feel guilty and not feel that I am being lazy. I am resting and coming to a new and deeper understanding of what it means to rest and wait on God. I am taking a Sabbath and I need the feeling of rest and awareness of God that Sabbath brings to me.

Maybe Sabbath should be a way of life. I wonder what that would look like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home